I was almost a Pro Quarterback
I’m trying to make a statistics joke about how I was almost a pro quarterback.
So, the requirements, from general to specific
- Be Alive
- Be male
- Be in the America (no one plays it outside North America)
- Go to college
- Be selected by a pro team
So, if you look at all the people in world and filter to through this sieve, I think I was probably statistically really close.
So, in rough numbers, I’m already in the top 5% by step three. Factor in college and I’m so much closer.
- 100%: Population: 7,000,000,000 (World Bank: 7,125,000,000)
- 50%: Gender fraction: 3,500,000,000 of 7,000,000,000 (top 50%) (CIA Fact Book: 101:100)
- 5%: Geography: 350,000,000 of 7,000,000,000 (top 5%) (US Census Bureau)
- 0.5%: College: 70,000,000 of 7,000,000 (20% of US Citizens in 1990)
- … 1.6% of college football players are drafted to the NFL
- … a much smaller percentage are quarterbacks
- … a an much smaller percentage ever play a regular season game, ever.